Did you know that the Veterinary Poisons Information Service is soon to be extending its services to the public?
Previously, the knowledge and information they provide has only been available to veterinary professionals.
A public helpline will soon be available which you can call up to discuss a case of potential poisoning for a fee of £30. Telephone 02073 055 055 if you need to contact the Poisons Public Helpline
Did you know about these autumn hazards when out walking your dog?
Conkers: Signs of poisoning usually appear within one to six hours. Clinical signs are drooling, excessive drinking, vomiting, diarrhoea and abdominal pain, difficulty breathing.
Acorns: Acorns are highly toxic for pets and can easily be eaten. They are most dangerous before they ripen, when they are still green. Signs include vomiting, diarrhoea, abdominal pain, loss of appetite and lethargy.
Speak to us immediately should you have any worries about either of these
Treatment can involve environmental management, behavioural therapy, pheromone therapy and medications
Just a reminder to everyone travelling with your pets, that the rules will be changing after Brexit
Mavis was in for a repeat laser treatment on her spine following spinal surgery