As well as blue skies and sunshine, summer brings the dangers of grass seeds and awns.
These can become lodged in many areas of our beloved companions, including the ears, nose, eyes and lungs.
Grass seeds are sharped sometimes barbed and can burrow through the skin and track throughout the body and cause your pet to be very unwell.
One of our special patients, Beamish, was poorly for several weeks with a high temperature, lethargy, poor appetite and vomiting.
He underwent surgery and a grass seed was located, migrating through the muscles of his side!
Immediately after its removal, Beamish felt much better, especially because he got to wear his special recovery jumper.
Thank you Fiona, Chloe, Linda, Emma and of course Maxine – on reception – for looking after Beamish.
We had the lovely Boris in today for a grass seed removal that tracked into his skin under his armpit!
We are now open all day Saturday and Sunday 8.30 am until 6:30 pm providing vet consultations, small routine procedures and remote appointments
Please be reassured that to date, there is no evidence that companion animals, such as dogs and cats, can spread the disease